subscribe about contact Default

Sunday, July 6, 2008

long weekends and the midwestern lifestyle

I'm back from my first ever trip to Des Moines, and am more impressed than I thought I'd be. The city's got the paradoxical juxtaposition of cleanliness and major city infrastructure not unlike Salt Lake City, for those who have been. I was very impressed with how nice everyone was, eager to befriend those who shared similar interests. It seems there is quite a good DJ scene as well, something I've longed to see in the area which I live. Not to mention some pretty good BBQ that takes advantage of Iowa's major hog supply. But I digress--I realize the apparent lack of excitement to the rest of the world that talking about Iowa can conjure--it's just that I feel the city deserves some recognition, and if you're ever passing through, maybe take some time to have a beer or two at Court Avenue Brew Pub, and then head over to Vaudeville Mews to see some impressive DJ sets.

Once I've properly relaxed and received adequate time, I will write up some stuff about some music you've heard of, some you haven't, a delicious stout from a local micro-brewery, and other various snippets of things I feel are worth showing to the rest of the world. Stay tuned for a flickr set as well.

No comments:

 
©MMVIII 95TOTAL \\ CONTACT JAKE \\ CONTACT RICH \\ POWERED BY BLOGGER