subscribe about contact Default

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

dirty harry 2-disc special edition

Out and about yesterday I got a chance to see the box to the Dirty Harry 2-Disc Special Edition that just released. It's one of the best DVD covers I've seen in a long time (There Will Be Blood's is a recent gem as well). There seems to be so many cover designs these days that are overdone and over-embossed. This one is simple and balanced, and I think what stands out to me the most is the type, which, given my mediocre if not horrible knowledge of typography, I'd have to say is some form of every designer's love/hate font, Helvetica.

I'm interested in seeing some Dirty Harry, and I'm a bit embarrassed that I haven't yet. As far as westerns go though, Clint Eastwood is a major bad ass and starred in some of the best movies the genre has ever seen. I'm confident that persona transfers over pretty well to the crime flick.

No comments:

 
©MMVIII 95TOTAL \\ CONTACT JAKE \\ CONTACT RICH \\ POWERED BY BLOGGER