subscribe about contact Default

Thursday, May 1, 2008

justice headlines a deceptively awesome monolith festival

A buddy of mine pointed me towards this Monolith Festival that I had vaguely remembered hearing about but didn't pay much attention to. I suppose I figured this year's Lollapalooza had fulfilled my festivalarian desires. But, hell, Monolith Festival 2008 is sort of under-the-radar good.

Sure, the festival lacks that monster headliner; but what it loses in having a superstar it gains in stage presence. Featuring Justice, TV on the Radio, Silversun Pickups, Band of Horses, Devotchka, Neko Case, Holy Fuck and, to my dismay (and indie fans' rejoice), Vampire Weekend, those alone have me wanting to go. Justice? C'mon, you know that's gonna be ridiculous. TV on the Radio? Only one of the best, if not best shows I've ever witnessed. Not to mention it's at the gorgeous Red Rocks Amphitheater; the same place I so unfortunately missed out on when Daft Punk last toured. Looks like I need to right those wrongs.

The icing on the cake is that a day pass is only $60, and a two-day pass is a reasonable $105. So, if you can't quite shell out the couple hundred bones for Lollapalooza this year, I would say this is more than a valid substitute for saving money. It's at Red Rocks--have you seen that place? Best venue in America, hands down.

No comments:

 
©MMVIII 95TOTAL \\ CONTACT JAKE \\ CONTACT RICH \\ POWERED BY BLOGGER