subscribe about contact Default

Friday, April 25, 2008

lukas geronimas' complimentary watercolor

Lukas Geronimas did some "touch-up" water color work to these photographs of mountains and they look really nice. The shots remind me of Ansel Adams, who happens to be my favorite photographer. According to Geronimas:
"A while back, while preparing collages which went unused for our show at OKOK Gallery, I decided to add colour, line and form to a title page that already looked very nice, as I felt I could add to the design and give it a new life. It turned out looking kind of beautiful, so I recently decided to further explore this process. My first series of these 'Spring Drawings' (since they are once again fresh and lively pages of dormant imagery) consists of seven works - three of which are black and white. I did my best to make them look, well, really complimentary, and I had fun doing it."
I really like the technique; does anyone know if any other artists do this, because I'd like to know?

(Found via HELLO BAULDOFF)

No comments:

 
©MMVIII 95TOTAL \\ CONTACT JAKE \\ CONTACT RICH \\ POWERED BY BLOGGER