subscribe about contact Default

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Scientology not legit? Pfft.


So apparently this whole Scientology gig is a crock. I don't see what's so unreasonable about a dude named Xenu, an alien ruler of the Galactic Confederacy. Anyone? Anyone? If anything, Scientology seems like a really cool and elaborate role-playing game.

But I suppose my thoughts were officially debunked by this discovery that I found at Boing Boing. L. Ron Hubbard, the mastermind behind Scientology, was actually not a mastermind--at least in some ways. Turns out the guy plagiarized some of the core aspects of Scientology with this German book called, get this, Scientologie. This surprises me; obviously Hubbard was smart enough to create one of the largest money-consuming hoaxes ever, but he couldn't trace his steps a little better and call it, oh, I don't know, something a little less derivative?

1 comment:

comoprozac said...

It doesn't surprise me. Most religions are based on campfire stories that have been passed (read "plagiarized") from generation to generation.

 
©MMVIII 95TOTAL \\ CONTACT JAKE \\ CONTACT RICH \\ POWERED BY BLOGGER